To get the most from transform Studio, you need to become familiar with the following sections of the mobile form builder.
1. App Selection
Right underneath the + NEW MOBILE APP button, you will notice a red arrow pointing downwards. Clicking on the arrow will display all the apps associated with your account. You can easily switch between apps from this section to view the pages, forms, and components they contain.
From Design, you can begin designing your app and define the actions for each page and form. The following functions are offered as part of this section.
- Assets – In transform Studio, an Asset is an image that is used as a background or icon in the app you create. You can add assets by dragging and dropping files in the designated box, or by browsing through your device’s folders. Alternatively, you can click on the Media Gallery button at the top right corner to select from pre-existing assets.
- Categories – Once your app’s users log in, they will be directed to the Categories page. Also known as the Home Screen, this page includes icons that app users can tap to navigate to different forms. For instance, an HR category will include forms such as New Employee Onboarding Checklist. Transform Studio allows you to automatically build the Home Screen rather than create one from scratch. In addition to a category’s name and icon, you can decide its order, what forms to include in it, and which users can view or interact with it.
- Pages & Forms – Through this utility, you can create the pages, forms, and subforms that your app’s users will interact with. In transform Studio, a Page is the building block of the app as it can be used to display information. If the page is used for collecting information, it is called a Form. As for subforms, these are forms that can be re-used in multiple forms to save the time spent on re-designing the same fields for multiple forms.
- PDF Templates – From PDF Templates, you can add or use an HTML template to customize the appearance of the PDF documents generated after submitting forms. You can upload multiple templates and use them across the forms in your app.
Integrate provides the following utilities to enhance the function of the app and integrate it with other business systems used within an organization.
- Notifications – You can create and send short messages, i.e. notifications to communicate, inform, announce, and remind app users. These can be generated by the app once you prescribe certain criteria or be pushed from the server.
- Connections – Through this utility, you can configure connections to a range of ERP systems, databases, content management systems, and other business data systems. That way, your app can easily exchange data with these systems.
Manage provides a number of utilities that give form designers more control over their apps, facilitate downloads to devices, and help with migrating apps.
- Tasks - Through Tasks, you can configure tasks for transform app users. The utility allows you to assign tasks to a user(s), attach a form (optional), and assign a due date.
- Device Management – Through Device Management, you can learn more about the devices which have your app installed and control them. You can find valuable information such as device model, OS version, last metadata update, and last seen date. Moreover, you can control whether a user can continue using your app, or disable their devices.
- Download Apps – This utility allows you to download the app you created onto your mobile device. You can click one of the three buttons to get transform app from Google Play, App Store, or Microsoft Store. Alternatively, you can scan the QR code with your mobile device. The page also includes the app code you specified for your app.
- Migrate Apps – This feature gives form designers the chance to re-use another application's components such as pages, connectors, and notifications. It also supports the creation of isolated environments for development, testing, and production. You can easily migrate new changes from Development to Staging, or from Staging to Production with this utility.
Settings allow you to configure and even redefine the settings of the apps you create in makeen transform.
- System Settings – System Settings allows you to tweak the interface of the app created. You can decide which icon appears in the top navigation bar of your mobile app, how users view categories on the landing page (tiles or lists), and which icons to display (e.g Tasks and Drafts icons).
- User Settings – These settings aim to enhance the app’s usability. For instance, you can create SMTP server settings to add SMTP functionality to your app and allow users to use email services.
- Customer Support - By clicking on Customer Support, you will be redirected to makeen transform's Success Portal. From here, you can submit a ticket with your questions or concerns. You can also get in touch with our team via the phone number listed on the page.
- User Guide - Clicking User Guide will redirect you to our Knowledge Base which contains all the articles you need to read to master creating mobile forms.
Need more help? Contact us at email@example.com