A Push Notification is a message which pops up in the notification tray of your mobile device.
Its purpose is to communicate, announce, inform, or remind transform app users about events, application updates, tasks, or other useful information.
In transform Studio, you can configure notifications to be sent:
- At a Scheduled Date and Time
- To All Devices
- To Specific Devices
Keep in mind that push notifications are app-specific. This means that the user should have access to the app (i.e. have its unique app code) to receive the notifications configured for it.
The user does not necessarily have to have transform app open to receive the notification.
To configure push notifications on transform Studio, here are the steps you should take:
- Get Access to Your App
- Create Push Notifications in Mobile Studio
- Configure Advanced Notifications (Optional)
Step 1) Get Access to the App
In order to receive notifications, an app needs to be created beforehand in transform Studio and installed on users' devices.
- Create an application in transform Studio if you do not have one already.
- Download and install the transform app on your mobile device.
- Launch the transform app and enter the App Code. Tap on 'Launch Mobile Forms App' to continue.
You can begin receiving push notifications by completing the aforementioned three steps.
To be able to view the notification's content in the app, you may need to enter your login credentials (if your app includes a login screen) and go to the Notifications section.
Step 2) Create Push Notifications in transform Studio
Once your app is ready, you can begin creating notifications to send to its users.
- Login to transform Studio.
- Select the app you wish to send notifications through.
- Click on Notifications Under Integrate.
- Click on the Create New Notification button at the top of the page.
- Enter the following details to create your push notification:
- Title: This is the title of the notification that will pop on users' screens.
- Body: This is the message you wish to convey to users.
- Select when to send the notification.
- Send it now: Select this option to send the notification instantly.
- Send it later: Choose this option if you wish to schedule the push notification for a later date and time.
- If you wish to further customize your push notifications via Advanced Settings, continue to Step 3. Otherwise, click 'Save' to send the notifications.
Step 3) Configure Advanced Settings
By clicking on the Advanced button, you can define:
- What happens upon tapping a notification in transform app
- Which devices to send the notification to
- Under Action, select what would happen upon tapping on the notification.
- Notification list: With this option, tapping on a notification will open the notifications screen in transform app.
- Home page: This option will direct users to the home page (a.k.a. categories page) once the user taps on the notification.
- Under Recipients, determine who the recipients of your notification will be.
- By default, the 'Send to All Devices' option is selected. This means your notification will be sent to all the devices using the app.
- Remove the checkmark and a 'Select Devices' button will appear. Click the button and a list of devices that have your app installed will appear. Select the devices you wish to push the notification to, then click 'Save'.
- Finally, click 'Save'.
Need more help? Contact us at email@example.com
Next: View, Edit and Delete Push Notifications in transform Studio.