As more mobile devices enter the workforce and the demand for enterprise mobility increases, the need for mobile device management is constantly growing. This is especially true as devices can get lost or stolen, and employee behaviors can put devices at risk.
Makeen transform believes data security and integrity are business' top priorities. Therefore, in addition to secure authentication, the platform offers its own mobile device management utility.
In this article, you will learn how to use the platform's Device Management utility.
View a List of Devices that Installed the App
First, click on Device Management on transform Studio's left sidebar. You will be directed to a list of all the devices that have the current mobile app installed.
The following information will be available for you:
- Device ID – This is a unique ID that is used to identify the Android, iOS, and Windows devices that have the app installed.
- Device Model – This field displays the name of the model of the device (e.g. Samsung GT-I9500).
- OS Version – This displays the name and version of the operating system of the device (e.g. 4.4.2 – SDK: Kitkat).
- First Metadata Update – This is the number of days since the app's metadata was updated for the first time.
- Last Metadata Update – This is the number of days since the device received a metadata update.
- Last Seen – This field shows the number of days since the app was last used on the device.
- App Shell Version – This value is the version of the app shell installed on the device.
- Current Logged In User – This is the name of the user currently logged in on the app, on this device.
- Status – This field will show whether the device is enabled (i.e. can be used by the user) or disabled.
Control App Usage
Transform Studio allows you to control who uses your mobile forms app. The Status column features a button which you can press to allow or prevent a user from accessing the app.
- If the device's status is ‘Enabled’, the user will be able to use the app on the device.
- If the device status is ‘Disabled’, the user will not be able to use the app at all. Login, data entry in forms, etc. will be disabled.
Keep in mind that devices will maintain the metadata and records stored for makeen transform in memory whether they are ‘Enabled’ or ‘Disabled’.
Pressing the Delete button (the red button next to the Status button) will delete the record for the application on the specified device. The next time the app is used on the same device, a new record will be created with fresh data.
Search and Sort Through Devices
Device Management features a search bar on top. You can use it to search for specific data across the columns.
You can also sort columns in ascending or descending order by clicking on the up down arrow next to the column's title (shown in the image below).
Need more help? Contact us at email@example.com